Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Begining of an Era

Briggs started preschool this fall and is absolutely LOVING it. We are now inundated at home with imaginary classrooms where Briggs is "Miss Jeanie" (his teacher, of course), and pleads to go to school on off days. The only issues we are still working on are tears picking him up (he does not want to leave), and more tears from Hadley dropping him off. The first day when Haddie demanded she have "her" backpack for school, I knew it we were in trouble. Briggs let her carry his lunch pail in and she bawled her eyes out when she realized she was not going to be staying. So, on any given day I'm either dealing with her crying (literally) "I want to go to school, too!" or "I want my Briggsy." Poor thing. Apparantly my kids love school. Here's a couple shots for the archives... And yes, that is the brightest, darn tootin', cutest little backpack ever. Thank you McNaughtons!!! Briggs loves his first REAL backpack.

Then Briggs snagged the camera and thought it appropriate to capture Mom & Dad on the first day of school also... :) It was quite possibly an even bigger day for us, you know. :) Our little man is growing up!




4 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

So cute! The first of many first day of school pictures, I'm sure.

Brogan love it for the first couple of weeks, but bawled last week both day that we dropped him off :( Hopefully, he'll get back into the swing of things.

Heather said...

i love those kids soo cute

jasmine said...

Poor Haddie missing her Briggsy :( Mostly though, Briggs is a fabulous photographer!

Nana and Pops Vance said...

Oh, my gosh, this is happening way too fast! But he's a guy after my own heart. Maybe he'll be a teacher someday :)