Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Three & Oh



Thirty. I love it. Now just about everyone I have said this to looks at me like a crazy person. How could anyone be that excited about being another decade older? Closer to the beginning of the end? That's me... I actually felt RELIEVED. I know it sounds strange but my 20's were a bit, let's say ...tumultuous.

At age 20 I was single, sleeping through 8 am classes, and not exactly sure what I was doing in 10 minutes let alone 10 years. At 30, I am a stay at home mother of two, fully equipped with a wonderful husband, a house and the question of how in the heck did I get here? The diploma, ring, wedding, seven jobs, eight moves, two kids and five years of anniversaries along the way somehow seem like a blur. Now don't get me wrong, I love where I am, and am becoming more accustomed to these changes but that's just it.. it was a LOT of change, and if you know me, I don't do long term change very well. Ryan and I will both tell you that our 20's were the best and worst of times. And that story is definitely too long to tell on a blog :) But we have come out alive :), stronger, happier, and more secure to say the least. I finally feel like I am starting to slow down and just enjoy today for today.

So I guess I feel like my 30's will be a little less like a rollercoaster, with less major life changes between now and the next decade, right? Of course, I am probably totally and completely wrong, but I choose to live in sweet ignorance for the time being. Anyway, here's to 30! We celebrated Ry's with a quick trip up north to see the Royals vs the Oakland A's and dinner at a sports pub, of course. It was a fantastic day. Happy Birthday Tig!

3 comments:

jgehring said...

I just wanted you to see I remembered to read your blog without being prompted...yea me!

Alison said...

jen i feel the same way about 30. i am happy it is here and happy to say goodbye to the 20's. i think i have 3 colleges, 10 jobs, 6 moves, wedding, 2 kids,a house and 2 dogs. no wonder my 20's were a mess. Cheers to 30. Let me know the next time you head up, you guys go right by us in T-town

Mike and Rachel said...

Hmmm... the last 4 times I tried to post a comment your blog told me I didn't type anything. I think it is cursed or something. I agree, I hope the 30's are more stable than the decade before. I think I have undergone enough change for a while!