Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One of those days...

So I'm feeling discouraged today. In addition to the kids STILL being sickly and my house STILL in disarray, Hadley started throwing full on fits yesterday. I'm still not sure if it is a product of feeling crummy or just the beginning of the inevitable. I busted out my parenting books, and sure enough, the terrible 2's really runs the span of 15 months to 3 years. It's so hard seeing her like this as she has been such a happy little thing..I was sure she was going to be easier than Briggs. Then I start to worry. Did I have them too close together? Would it be like this if I hadn't? Do I spend enough time with them... together... individually? I should be taking them to the park more often. I should be more willing to get messy with them. I should have my act together and this stinking house clean so that I don't have to focus on that constantly. And the list goes on.

I know I am intentional about constantly thinking about their needs but at times like this I doubt myself. And it's hard to know if the extent of this is just a necessary stage or something I could be preventing. Ugh.

Being a mom is hard.

5 comments:

ryan said...

It's ok to feel lousy, but you are doing a great job. If nothing else, you have a hot husband with a chisled body that the greeks of old used to write about. Plus, that boy can make dead people laugh.

Band of Brothers said...

Hey girlie-Sorry you are blue--it happens to the best of us. Never doubt the spacing between your kiddos, because ultimately, God decided it was best for your family.Love you!

Tricia said...

Hey Chica!
I just read through all of your posts to get caught up. I hadn't checked in since you sent the original email with the announcment of the beginning of the blog. No need to doubt yourself...afterall, you are not super woman....you are HUMAN! You are a fantastic woman, mother, wife, and FRIEND! I love you girl. It is so fun to read what you have been up to. Too cool that Hadley is intersted in potty training already. And yes, Ryans post did crack me up...I love it.
Tricia

Mike and Rachel said...

halloween post?

Mike and Rachel said...

i can't believe your blog let me post a a comment, it usually kicks me off and erases my masterpiece of a comment!