Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost Four...

WHOA! Not sure I'm prepared for this, although we've been having some really cool conversations with Briggs lately. You never really expect them to get it when they're little. I mean, you KNOW those kind of conversations are coming but when they do your world is still rocked! Really, that little squishy thing is no longer a baby? It's hard to wrap my mind around.

Briggs: Mama, when I'm zero I was in your tummy.
Me: That's right, Briggs! Before you were born you were in my tummy.
Briggs: God put me there. Then I was one, then two, then three...
Me: And soon you'll be four.
Briggs: Mama, then I'll be nothing.
Me: What do you mean?
Briggs: When I'm nothing, then I'm gone. But I'm in heaven with Jesus! Will I be lost from you?
Me: (holy moly) Remember Briggs, anyone who asks Jesus to save then will be in heaven.
Briggs: The we will all be together and it will be so much fun.
Me: It sure will.
Briggs: And I can see Dada's dada.

WOW.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! Don't you just wonder how long he has been stewing and working this out in his little head? Amazing...God working in his life even before he can completely understand. However, at some level he TOTALLY gets it. Love, love, love you.

Alison said...

I love the way that little minds think, it is so simple and easy for them to get and except as truth!

tiffany said...

What a beautiful conversation! There is so much hope in family...here and there!

Nana and Pops Vance said...

Well, I can't tell you how much emotion this one packed for me. When Bill' BD passed two days ago, I had this pang that he never got to see his grandkids. And look . . . I forgot what Briggs remembered--he will definitely get to see them. Thanks for teaching him the truth on a day-to-day level.

Heather said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIGGS!!!!!